Emerald Coast Gun Trusts, LLC is the copyright owner of all text and graphics contained on this website, except as otherwise indicated. Other parties' trademarks and service marks that may be referred to herein are the property of their respective owners. You may print one copy of the information contained herein and of your completed Trust for your personal use only, but you may not reproduce or distribute the text or graphics to others or substantially copy the information on your own server, or link to this website or documents, without prior written permission of Emerald Coast Gun Trusts, LLC. It is a blatant violation of federal copyright law to reproduce all or part of this website, or any documents available for download from this website, or documents provided to Client for any purpose, making the copier liable for civil and criminal penalties. The Copyright Act imposes liability of up to $150,000 per issue for such infringement and violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law. You may not reproduce, link to, share images of, or distribute any documents without prior written permission of Emerald Coast Gun Trusts, LLC.
*See All Other States or the Digital Download for states other than Maryland and Virginia
Copyright Emerald Coast Gun Trusts, LLC. All rights reserved.
The Complete NFA gun trust is a robust, firearms specific trust specifically designed to meet the needs of clients who own or wish to own NFA firearms using a gun trust. This trust contains additional language to facilitate sharing your NFA firearm at gun related events, such as the range or while hunting. The complete trust includes detailed handling instructions as well as definitions to provide clarity to those unfamiliar with NFA firearms or firearm possession in general. This trust is not customizable outside of the client intake form so that I can keep costs affordable. If you wish to deviate from the intake form, my hourly rate applies. Please read the legal agreement carefully.
This trust enables the client to update the Beneficiary Schedule, Trustee Schedule, and NFA Firearm schedule themselves without the need to incur additional attorney fees. Another significant benefit of the Complete NFA gun trust is that it includes provisions to enable others at gun events, such as ranges, hunting, etc, to use your NFA firearm and step away to, for example, go purchase more targets, set up a hunting blind, etc. You do not need to keep the firearm in your sight as you typically would have to do per the ATF. This is an important distinction as the ATF has issued opinion letters that you must remain with the NFA firearm if you allow a friend to use it.
This trust is tailor made for firearms enthusiasts that collect and use NFA firearms and want to pass on their collection. The trust is designed to mitigate the risk of an accidental felony being left to loved ones or the NFA firearm being confiscated as contraband.
The Complete NFA gun trust also includes clear, concise language designed to ensure a smooth, legal distribution and transfer of your collection. Normal estate planning documents such as wills or trusts that are not firearms specific include certain powers that would result in the illegal transfer of a firearm. The Complete NFA trust removes the traditional powers and also provides the proper detailed guidance on how to transfer NFA firearms. This version further explains what is necessary prior to the termination of the trust.
This trust best suits the majority of NFA owners. Considering the sentimental value of NFA firearms as well as the significant wealth that may be associated with even a small collection, this provides significant value and peace of mind for the client.
Purchasing a NFA firearm (including a suppressor aka silencer) is a simple, straight forward process. By using a Complete NFA Trust, you may also be able to significantly reduce the ATF processing time to a matter of months instead of close to one year. In order to get an NFA firearm, you do the following:
Purchase either my Basic NFA Trust or Complete NFA trust online
Date and sign the trust in front of a Notary
Purchase your NFA firearm through an authorized gun store
Complete the appropriate ATF form (4 or 1, depending on what you are buying), which is supplied by your gun store
Pay the ATF tax stamp fee of $200 (or $5 if you are buying an AOW)
Gun store submits your paperwork (request eForm)
Once approved and your tax stamp is in hand, you will pick up your NFA firearm and update your trust accordingly
LEGAL SERVICES AGREEMENT:
1. Attorney-Client Relationship. Your completion of an online order for a Complete NFA Trust establishes an Attorney-Client relationship with the Potomac Gun Trusts (Attorney) and you agree that this Agreement fully sets forth the terms of your legal representation for the state of your residence.
2. Scope of Work and Limitations on Representation. Attorney agrees to provide a purpose-built NFA “gun trust” called a Complete NFA Trust, a specialized form of revocable living trust intended for your (CLIENT) use in acquiring, holding and transferring National Firearms Act (NFA) firearms only, during life, periods of incapacity, and at death consistent with Maryland/Virginia and federal law.
3. This trust is solely intended for Client’s benefit and to hold NFA firearms that can legally be owned in Maryland/Virginia. Client should NOT execute this trust otherwise and should contact Attorney for consultation.
4. Client is advised to separately execute a Will or Living Trust plan and/or such other legal instruments necessary to accomplish Client’s estate planning goals.
5. A Complete NFA Trust incorporates and integrates Client’s formal estate planning documents or will rely on State law to appoint successor trustees, or, if none, on provisions of state law to do so.
6. Client can amend the trust at any time; revocation requires prior compliance with local, state and/or federal law.
Upon completion of the online order and payment of the fee, Client is entitled to the following legal services ONLY:
1. Receipt of a single hard copy of a Complete NFA Trust printed on high quality paper plus one additional "working" hard copy (in order to make personal copies of the trust for filing ATF forms without fear of damaging your original in the copier);
2. Sample ATF forms for use with a Trust on the USB drive;
3. USB drive with an electronic copy of your NFA Trust as well as sample ATF forms. This is for your personal use only (see disclaimer at the bottom of this page);
4. One LOKSAK waterproof document bag for use with the NFA Trust copy that you carry with your NFA firearm.
5. Up to 1 hour of Attorney-supervised assistance in completing and reviewing the trust (whether that be via email or telecon);
6. Additional consultation at a reduced fee of $125 for the first hour, then as agreed;
7. Assistance directly to CLIENT in resolving BATFE Form 4 issues related to the Complete NFA Trust at no charge IF related to trust design or execution by Client at Attorney’s discretion.
CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: By completing my order, I agree to the terms of representation as set forth above; AND I acknowledge that my trust must be dated and signed by Client in front of a Notary; AND I agree that I will not provide a copy of this trust, in whole or in part, for the use of any other person or entity except as set forth in my trust. Completion of my order constitutes my signature for purposes of entering into this Agreement under its terms.
Add the Complete NFA Trust to your cart for $299 and free shipping (compare at $500+ for a similar trust).
Please view in Desktop mode to download the form on your mobile device or iPad.