*See All Other States or the Digital Download for states other than Maryland and Virginia
Copyright Emerald Coast Gun Trusts, LLC. All rights reserved.
This is not a canned trust that you see offered on the web for $99 which is only a few pages long. The Standard NFA Trust is almost 20 pages long and designed for the client that would like to purchase NFA firearms with a purpose built gun trust but also leave a proper estate planning NFA trust to their loved ones. You simply will not get that with a trust that is 5-10 pages long. While inexpensive, the Standard NFA Trust is clear, concise, and specifically designed for NFA firearms. In order to keep this trust affordable and provide more people access to a high quality basic NFA gun trust, it does not include additional clauses to allow access to the NFA firearm by guests or other provisions of the Complete NFA Trust. This also does not have consultation other than indicated in the Legal Services Agreement nor do you have the opportunity to customize the Standard NFA Trust. This trust offers a great value while still providing a large amount of information not found in other inexpensive basic trusts. This is not a form you fill out but a trust I will draft for you just like I do the Complete Gun Trust. Please carefully review this page and compare it to the Complete Trust page before placing your order.
Another benefit of using my Standard NFA Trust instead of the traditional estate planning trusts is that it is firearms specific. Owning a firearm carries with it very specific ownership and transfer issues that a traditional estate planning trust does not address. Attorneys that are not well versed in NFA firearms law may not be aware of the unique handling required. Failure to adhere to the proper state or federal law could result in a felony and the NFA firearm being deemed contraband by the ATF and thus confiscated. An NFA felony carries with it up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Plus, they can seize other property related to the contraband (house, boat, car...you get the picture).
By offering a very affordable NFA gun trust, I hope to provide access to a useful estate planning tool which may also result in clients not waiting as long for their NFA tax stamp as they would if they did not use a trust.
Purchasing a NFA firearm (including a suppressor aka silencer) is a simple, straight forward process. By using a Basic NFA Trust, you may also be able to significantly reduce the ATF processing time to a matter of months instead of close to one year. In order to get an NFA firearm, you do the following:
Purchase either my Standard NFA Trust or Complete NFA trust online
Date and sign the trust in front of a Notary
Purchase your NFA firearm through an authorized gun store
Complete the appropriate ATF form (4 or 1, depending on what you are buying), which is supplied by your gun store
Pay the ATF tax stamp fee of $200 (or $5 if you are buying an AOW)
Gun store submits your paperwork (request eForm)
Once approved and your tax stamp is in hand, you will pick up your NFA firearm and update your trust accordingly
LEGAL SERVICES AGREEMENT:
1. Attorney-Client Relationship. Your completion of an online order for a Standard NFA Trust establishes an Attorney-Client relationship with Potomac Gun Trusts (Attorney) and you agree that this Agreement fully sets forth the terms of your legal representation.
2. Scope of Work and Limitations on Representation. Attorney agrees to provide a purpose-built NFA “gun trust” called a Standard NFA Trust, a specialized form of revocable living trust intended for your (CLIENT) use in acquiring, holding and transferring National Firearms Act (NFA) firearms only, during life, periods of incapacity, and at death consistent with Maryland and federal law.
3. This trust is solely intended for Client’s benefit and to hold NFA firearms that can legally be owned in Maryland. Client should NOT execute this trust otherwise and should contact Attorney for consultation.
4. Client is advised to separately execute a Will or Living Trust plan and/or such other legal instruments necessary to accomplish Client’s estate planning goals.
5. A Standard NFA Trust incorporates and integrates Client’s formal estate planning documents or will rely on State law to appoint successor trustees, or, if none, on provisions of state law to do so.
6. Client can amend the trust at any time; revocation requires prior compliance with local, state and/or federal law.
Upon completion of the online order and payment of the fee, Client is entitled to the following legal services ONLY:
1. Receipt of a single, unbound hard copy of a Standard NFA Trust via USPS Priority Mail (read: no soft copy/binder/etc);
2. Sample ATF forms for use with a Trust sent via email
3. Up to ½ hour (30 minutes) of Attorney-supervised assistance over the phone in completing and reviewing the Standard NFA trust (whether that is via email or telecon);
4. Additional consultation at a reduced fee of $125 for the first hour, then as agreed;
5. Assistance directly to CLIENT in resolving BATFE Form 4 issues related to the Basic NFA Trust at no charge IF related to trust design or execution by Client in Attorney’s discretion.
CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: By completing my online order, I agree to the terms of representation as set forth above; AND I acknowledge that my trust must be dated and signed by Client in front of a Notary; AND I agree that I will not provide a copy of this trust, in whole or in part, for the use of any other person or entity except as set forth in my trust. Completion of my order constitutes my signature for purposes of entering into this Agreement under its terms.
Please view in Desktop mode to download the form on your mobile device or iPad.
Click here to add the Standard NFA Trust to your cart for $199.99 and free shipping! Please also fill out the Client Intake Form.
Emerald Coast Gun Trusts, LLC is the copyright owner of all text and graphics contained on this website, except as otherwise indicated. Other parties' trademarks and service marks that may be referred to herein are the property of their respective owners. You may print one copy of the information contained herein and of your completed Trust for your personal use only, but you may not reproduce or distribute the text or graphics to others or substantially copy the information on your own server, or link to this website or documents, without prior written permission of Emerald Coast Gun Trusts, LLC. It is a blatant violation of federal copyright law to reproduce all or part of this website, or any documents available for download from this website, or documents provided to Client for any purpose, making the copier liable for civil and criminal penalties. The Copyright Act imposes liability of up to $150,000 per issue for such infringement and violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law. You may not reproduce, link to, share images of, or distribute any documents without prior written permission of Emerald Coast Gun Trusts, LLC.